HEALTHAND SAFETY IS OUR TOP PRIORITY
COVID-19FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
We answer your frequently asked questions concerning our COVID-19 response below. Please check back here often as we will be regularly updating this section as the situation evolves.
What is Metro Loop doing to ensure reliable delivery of services during this critical time?
We have implemented business continuity plans which include:
- Closure of our offices to the general public.
- Enhanced Health & Safety procedures tuned for the COVID-19 pandemic response.
- Majority of our staff is now working remotely, including our call centre staff.
- Our entire network has been put into a “brown-out” condition which means non-critical maintenance or work around our critical facilities is deferred to minimize risk to service delivery.
- Increasing emergency power generator fuel reserves for critical network sites.
- Additional bandwidth monitoring across the network and bandwidth augmentation when necessary.
- Planning with our board of directors, executive, and senior financial staff for long-term instability within the economy.
If needed, are technicians still making on-site visits?
Is Metro Loop waiving data usage fees?
All Metro Loop Internet services are provided without usage limits or caps at all times. As such, you never need to worry about data usage fees!
Are you providing complimentary TV services throughout this event?
Good news! Most news and children’s channels are included in Essential TV, our basic TV offering, so you already have access to these channels!
Are you offering financial assistance if I can't pay my bill?
We understand that the situation is changing day by day and there are many unknowns. You are still responsible for paying your bill, however, if you require flexibility on paying your bill we are prepared to extend this to you. Additionally, we have temporarily suspended late payment fees for all residential and small business accounts until June 30, 2020.
Are there changes to the equipment return policy?
Yes, the standard 14 day return window has been extended to December 31, 2020. This is subject to a further extension if deemed necessary.
How are you assisting small businesses impacted by COVID-19?
Metro Loop has implemented COVID-19 policies to assist small business customers impacted by COVID-19. Please contact our office by email, email@example.com, or telephone, 905-667-8945, for further information.
Are you still providing utility locates?
Yes, at this time we are still completing utility locates of our underground infrastructure, however response may be slower than usual due to the COVID-19 crisis. If you request a locate we ask that you observe adequate social distancing with any Metro Loop technician completing a utility locate for you. Please be aware that Ontario 1 Call has implemented their own COVID-19 response plan and is currently accepting all locate requests, with a priority on emergency locates. This policy is subject to change as the situation evolves.